West Wickham Methodist Church (WWMC) was founded in the 1930s. We are a friendly, faith-filled congregation who love to welcome new people to worship with us and join in the general life of our church.
We are available for baptisms, naming ceremonies, weddings and funerals.
Our locally based minister, Deacon Laura MacBean, provides pastoral care and day-to-day leadership, with pastoral oversight provided by our superintendent minister, Rev Alex Terrett.
We are members of Churches Together in West Wickham.
We raise funds and collect donations for the following (among others):
- The Robes Project in Bermondsey and their Cold
Weather Night Shelter (donations of clothes, bedding and food)
- Murewa Methodist Church in Zimbabwe (fundraising for their building project)
- Christian Aid
- Action for Children
- Mission in Britain
- Methodist Homes for the Aged
- All We Can
- The Nasio Trust
- The Lily Trust
- The Smiles Foundation
Our community outreach and support includes the following:
- Hosting Hawes Down Primary School for their Year 6 Leavers' Assembly
- Acting as the sponsoring church for the 8th West Wickham Scouting Group
- Hosting both a local Brownie Pack and a Guide Pack
- Running Exeprience Easter events for schools each year
- Hiring out rooms on a regular or occasional basis for meetings, clubs, children's parties etc.
- Running a Baby and Toddler Group on Mondays in term time
- Running a stay and play and cafe and craft group on Thursday in holidays/mid-term breaks
We are planning a major redevelopment project to benefit both our congregation and our local community. We'll keep you posted as we make progress!
There is a small car park at the back of our church off Linden Leas for those who need ramped access into our building. Free on-street parking is also available in Linden Leas and Hawes Lane.